Lines of Business
ECE’s compromise is always to exceed its customers’ expectations, providing the highest quality turnkey solutions along the entire energy value chain, from the designing to the start up and later operation and maintenance of the PV parks. Clients are kept fully informed of every detail of the project and their involvement from the very beginning is essential to ensure a successful outcome.
- Permits, Licenses and Authorizations (PLAs). Taking care of all the licenses and permits necessary to develop and operate a renewable system, complying with the time scheduling of the every project. ECE undertakes the setting up of the corresponding Special Purpose Company (SPC), K.K. (“kabushiki kaisha”, joint stock company) or G.K. (“godo kaisha”, limited liability company) depending on the case, on behalf of which all the permitting will be submitted. Besides, ECE, in conjunction with its local business partners, conducts the selection of every possible site for the PV projects, visiting and analyzing the land to carry out the corresponding feasibility studies and risk assessments, in which a lot of parameters are taken into account. Once an ideal location is decided, ECE enters into the negotiations with the landowner to the land lease or purchase agreement.
- Project development and engineering. Engineering, planning, layouts and planimetry, mechanical and electrical designing and leading construction management throughout the entire process, standing by until the system is commissioned, operative and producing reliable clean energy. ECE ensures the highest possible investment security and risk minimization of every project.
- Procurement. Managing contracts and agreements with selected equipment suppliers to procure the best deal and meet the needs of our investors in terms of quality, quantity, cost, time and guarantee: mounting systems, PV modules, cabling and junction boxes, inverters and transformers, among others.
- Construction. Executing the Solar PV construction, meeting the highest quality process and assuring customer expectations: detailed engineering, final designing, project and site management, civil works, fencing, assembly and mechanical works, low and medium/high voltage, along with all the possible subcontracting management.
- Commissioning. Starting and running the facility to meet the best performance expectations and agreed deadline. ECE commissioning assures the PV system is designed, installed and tested according to the requirements of all the parties involved: EPC constructor, Customer, Utility, Prefecture and Municipality.
- Operation and Maintenance. Operating and maintaining the plant in a proactive way, both on site and remotely, to optimize the preventive and corrective maintenance periods that maximize the performance and production during the lifetime of the facility: asset management, complete efficiency monitoring of the facility, including every electrical parameter, inverters, weather stations, security, etc. ECE aims to have a long-term relationship with every one of the clients based on mutual trust.
- Financing. Supporting the client in taking over the financing of the project with private investors or negotiating tailor credit conditions with debt lenders, working capital, hedge funds, investment funds and private equity.
- Other consulting services. Offering a wide range of consulting services through every step of the process of creating an efficient solar PV system.
- Feasibility studies and site analysis.
- Designing and engineering.
- Studies and analysis of estimated energy production using simulations, financial business cases and audits.
- Topographical and Geotechnical surveys, with more than 300 MW of those studies already done in Japan, including marking off the boundaries and negotiations with the pertinent neighbors, if needed.
- Architectural and Engineering drawings to the urban development applications for the relevant Municipality and Prefecture.
- Flood and drainage studies.
- Application procedures in general to get the corresponding permits from the Utility, the METI and the Municipality and Prefecture.
- Support and document preparation for Legal and Technical Due Diligences and bank loan approvals.